Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, we always go to my moms to have Christmas with my family. We go to Chris's moms the day before Christmas Eve. The funniest thing was when Lainee opend her first present, it was a cardboard box (wrapped) with a Princess cash register inside. When she unwrapped the cardboard box, she said,"Oh! Just what I wanted! A new box, this will go perfect in my room!!" She said it with such enthusiasim, she was so happy to get this box. I was laughing so hard that I could not tell her that there was more inside. When I finally told her, she was very excited to get the real present, but it was the cutest, sweetest thing to see her so happy over just a box. Then, the rest of the time when she was opening her gifts, before she had them completely opened, she said,"I know what this is..." Of course she didn't have a clue what any of them were going to be, but she had a blast opening them. Each year has been more fun than the previous year watching them open presents and seeing their reactions. Taylor really wanted a North Face jacket. We kept telling her we weren't sure if we would buy one because she didn't need another jacket. When we opened gifts, she opened the box that looked like the size a jacket would go in, but it was not it. Then she opened all the others and it was not there. After all the gifts were opened, I told Taylor there was a gift she missed under the tree, it was just a small box. When she opened it, there was a note inside that said to go look in my closet. I followed her so I could see her reaction. She was so excited. Even though it is 75 degrees outside, she is still wearing it. Taylor went to bed early after Christmas at my moms but Lainee and I made cookies for Santa, and she didn't even try to take them this year!!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed